Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Brussels sprouts with a salty, crunchy exterior and a creamy, airy center
- 1.5 lb brussels sprouts, whole or halved preferably whole small sprouts, less than 3/4" diameter
- 2 Tbsp neutral oil such as grapeseed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground or grated
- Juice from 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed optional
- extra virgin olive oil, drizzle
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Drizzle large 9x13 baking dish with oil. Add sprouts after halving any that are overly large. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and nutmeg. Squeeze lemon juice over the top, if using.
Place pan in the oven to roast. After 20 min remove and shake to redistribute, return to oven. Roast an additional 10-20 min, depending on size of sprouts. Outer layer should be dark brown and crisp, but not black.
Drizzle with olive oil, taste, add additional salt and pepper to taste, and serve.