Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Crispy, oven-roasted brussels sprouts with a savory bacon crunch will knock your socks off! This low-maintenance side dish goes with everything from pork to pasta. Make it tonight!
- 1.5 lb brussels sprouts preferably small (<1" long)
- 3 pieces bacon chopped
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp salt adjust to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper adjust to taste
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
Preheat oven to 450F
Drizzle bottom of 9x13 pan with grapeseed (or other neutral) oil
Trim sprouts if necessary, and halve large sprouts to allow even cooking. Add sprouts to pan with oil. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and nutmeg. Toss/stir to coat.
Add chopped bacon
Place pan into preheated oven. After 20 min min, open oven and give pan a shake. Cook an additional 15 minutes, or until exterior of sprouts is brown and bacon is crisp.
Place sprouts in a medium bowl, add grated parmesan, and taste and adjust seasoning if needed.